Mawlamyine, June (4)

Express services in Mon State may be halted due to skyrocketing fuel prices, the operators told Than Lwin Times.

At least 73 long-distance express lines serve numerous states and regions, and now they are currently on the verge of being shut down due to rising fuel prices.

During this month, the price of premium diesel has risen to 2,485 kyats per liter and diesel to 2,455 kyats per liter.

“As fuel prices have risen, there is a problem for the car service industry. Let’s see how far we can go. If the situation is not good, the bus service will stop,” said an express owner.

The express services are struggling to operate due to fewer passengers, selling tickets to those who can show National Registration Cards, declining imports and exports and having to pay exorbitant fees at military checkpoints.

In addition, there are frequent shortages of fuel at fuel stations and customers have not been able to buy enough, making it difficult to operate the business. We could not buy enough oil, so I had to buy little by little from different shops, an official from express company said.

Currently, some petrol stations are running out of fuel depending on the type of fuel and some petrol stations are closed due to lack of fuel for sale.

The fuel tank reservoir were full of fuel, General Zaw Min Htun said at the 15th press conference on June 1.

Myanmar produces only about 10 percent of its demand domestically, with the remaining 90 percent imported.

Petroleum Products Regulatory Department announced that the price of domestic fuel is also changing depending on the international price.

Fuel prices have more than quadrupled to around 2,500 kyats per liter since the coup, from around 600 kyats before the coup.

News – Than Lwin Times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *