Palaw, April (22)

On the evening of April 21, a fire broke out in Ward No. 1 of Palaw, Tanintharyi Region, destroying more than 20 houses and injuring one man, locals told Than Lwin Times.

The fire started in the kitchen of Daw Cho Cho Htwe’s house in Ward No. 1, Palaw at around 3:00 p.m.

The fire destroyed more than 20 houses, all of which were built of wood or nipa palm leaves.

A man who attempted to put out the fire was also hurt and brought to Dawei Hospital.

According to reports, around 70 people affected by the fire have been temporarily evacuated to the houses of relatives and monasteries.

The Palaw Township Fire Brigade, Auxiliary Fire Brigade, and residents battled for more than one hour to completely extinguish the fire.

News-Than Lwin Times


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *